Hubspot is a great marketing company with a product that doesn’t compare favorably with other CRM packages. Here is why:
- Hubspot doesn’t pass the Upwork test – look on Upwork and search for jobs with the search string “Hubspot CRM convert”. What you will find is far more projects posted converting people away from Hubspot than converting to Hubspot. In fact, I haven’t seen a job posted to convert from a top 10 CRM package to Hubspot ever. There is a reason.
- Hubspot is fundamentally an email marketing platform and a good one. It is not fundamentally a CRM package that is designed to provide the organization and management of sales teams.
- Since Hubspot is a its core an email marketing package, they have a pricing model that prices based on number of contacts. If you are a small company with a lot of contacts or leads in your system, you are going to be paying a lot for Hubspot. The pricing goes up dramatically as your lists grow.
- There is an inherent lack of flexibility in creating sales process and sales implementation features. Many clients we work with want to do things like track sales implementations (phases that go beyond Closed – Won).
- Export of data has a sever limitation in that you cannot export contact notes/activities. This issue comes up so often, we ended up custom writing a program to extract the activities.